Darth Michael: Thanks for coming back to comment. smile
BTW, doesn’t Lois look adorable in that picture?
lol

Sheldon Bender has simply disappeared.
Did they find any traces of nutmeg scent in the air? Oh, right. You haven’t had a chance yet to watch Elementary, Season 3.
Or seasons 1-2. I'm not familiar with this show, unless this is some kind of code I've missed.

If someone hid his body, towards which does it count?
Dead.

Someone was willing to shag that guy?
I'm amazed what some women will do to snag a rich husband.

Huh. Yes. Now that you mention it, there might have been such an incident…
Is this supposed to be Shelly's reaction?

To be fair, Lois would have done the same thing. Minus paying for dinner. That’s what she’s got a Clark for.
LOIS: But that's only because I'm... *we* are better investigators than the police.

The government tied him to the railway tracks just before the 10:15 from Philly was about to arrive? Is that safe?
LOIS: hyper
CLARK: No, the other meaning.
LOIS: Darn.

They managed to replace Ralph?
2 points.

Funny how you used the redshirt to remind the readers of the first two sections of the story, while conveniently not mentioning Lois’s pregnancy from when she (supposedly not) boinked Clark in his hospital room.
Thank you. How would Perry or Clark know about that? wink I wonder what Clark would do if the next time he saw Lois she had an obvious baby bump?

BETSY: Excuse *ME*! *SECRETARY*? That’s *PERSONAL ASSISTANT* if you please.
LEX: Yes, she did please me. On numerous occasions.
clap

Couldn’t that be explained by the way the two women wore different hair styles? Maybe no one ever accurately measured Brandy’s height?
Yes, I think so. And Brenda usually wore her hair in a tight school-marm bun, being a professional woman.
LEX: /bouncing eyebrows/ She was a the most professional doctor of my acquaintance.
GRETCHEN: mecry

Also, a comma after ‘lucky’?
Thanks.

What if Lex shot Lois to get her under the care of Dr. Heller so he could measure and duplicate all her features, even those not normally visible when wearing way-wear?
Anything is possible.
LEX: It was an *accident!* Geeze, people. I wanted to shag her and I hear shooting them is a big turnoff.

Wouldn’t it have been fortunate if Lex had the double’s ankle broken, too, to make her indistinguishable from the real deal?
CLARK: That's not funny.
LEX: /shakes his head sadly/ Missed opportunities.

Maybe they should isolate him from further contact with any female population?
Lex's in jail. Isn't that enough?

The only question Clark had was why Luthor had set the fire in Lois’s duplicate apartment instead of tossing the body in the incinerator as had been done with Kirk Devlin, the physicist whom Nigel St. John had allegedly shot.
Because he didn’t have time.
He was down in the LUC for several days before the raid.
LEX: That and normally I have a butler to do the house cleaning.
That too.
LEX: See, it wasn't me! I always have Asabi or Nigel clean up my messes!

So, in short, a politician?
notworthy

Maybe if they blinded him, plucked his eardrums, removed his tongue, crushed his voice box, cut off his hands? That way, Lex would be stuck in a mental prison with no contact to the outside world? Would that sufficiently dampen his influence for Lois to come out of hiding?
You mean "to the pain"? Sounds like a good plan.

Aww, she threw the door in his face
The only way she could.

Also, how would he have gotten her home? Would putting her in a space suit work?
That was one of the problems he had with Lois's "plan", yes. /don't worry this will be covered/

You know, considering the cost per kilo to be in the lower 5 digit figures, 50 extra days would mean a 100 liters of water plus at least 20 kilos of dried food? That’s north of two million bucks of cost the good captain caused. Is EPRAD going to charge him for those?
Nope. Capt Martin said that it was a practical joke and they bought it.

Like he does on his nightly flybys of her apartment.
CLARK: [Linked Image]

Isn’t that what they have the quarantine station for?
Is it wise to constantly quarantine a person without reason?

Nuclear materials. Frog DNA. Amber. Plans for giant cages, with 10 meter high fences.
So, Luthor was working with Hammond at InGen?

O…kay. Jimbo looked at him skeptically. That request came out of left field. He hadn’t known that CK was covering the Japanese space program.
It’s important.
Yes, but not his usual subject matter.

CK had been unusually serious. One might even hazard a description of quiet or contemplative.
How’s that different from his normal demeanor?
He smiled less.

So, he got her pregnant and her father owns a gun collection?
JIMMY: [Linked Image] I... I... I love her.

Isn’t that how things got started the first time?
Kinda. Only Jack was more in the newsroom, somehow. By making him more Jimbo's friend than Clark's, I don't have make him a cast regular.

Mr. White had given Jimbo a desk between Lois and CK’s, which meant he worked directly for the two of them and acted unofficially as their buffer.
Is that safe?
/After the third time Jimbo had come between Lois and Clark/ Really, guys. I don't appreciate you making a Jimmy sandwich with me all the time.

Also, institutionalized Jimmy Interuptus.
Do you mean by making it part of his job description?

LOIS: What do you mean we can’t go at it like bunnies in the middle of the newsroom anymore?
/points to store room/ They haven't come out to the newsroom as an official couple yet.

Wouldn’t it have been…unfortunate…if word had leaked out and Lex had managed to shoot the shuttle down upon reentry?
LOIS: Yes, unfortunate. Then there might be something about Lex I liked.

Hey! It’s just like in the L.U.C.!
[Linked Image]

She is quite easy to distract, isn’t she?
She was in quarantine. What else was there for her to do? And punching holes in the walls was really frowned upon.

She had decided to save Superman’s shorts to stuff in his mouth the next time he did something lunkheaded, such as volunteer her to be the first reporter in space.
He had done that? I thought that had been her idea…
THIS scene was from Lois's very angry POV. I believe it has been pointed out on several occasions that she's not a very reliable narrator.

Now, but he could tell her that it’s 295°K.
Really? And here I thought Kalvin was hotter.

Umm…I’ll go with ‘hot’.
[Linked Image]

So, a challenge?
/giggle/

So, Ms. Lane, what are you going to do next?
LOIS: Visit Big Brother.
Well....

Great. She’s in a prickly mood.
What? Staying mad is her super power. Did you think she'd be in a good mood after 2 months trapped in space?

Hmmm…/checks part 192 FDK/ I went with 3-4 weeks, considering your hiatus plans. Turns out, it wasn’t actually real time after all, or she’d have been gone for four months instead of two. Now, that would have been fun. But I guess she’d be showing by then had you put her up there for so long. And then she’d not have fitted into her space suit.
Yes, sorry. It took me longer to add fluff to my cushion than I thought. I did post several other stories in the meantime.

Thanks for commenting, Michael. Hopefully, I'll be able to coax a few more people out of lurkerville soon enough.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.