Virginia posted:

Dean Cain's Clark is unique among Hollywood leading men because he's so a-typical of the sleezy, roving, barhound committment-phob most men were (are) portrayed as on TV. Perhaps that's why we still love him today. I wish this show had been around when I was young and impressionable. Luckily, I stumbled onto a good man, nonetheless. wink

Young men are consistently shown that they should sleep with as many women as possible, be as drunk as possible, and as stupid as possible, why should they act any better? Imagine how different America would be if most young men on TV were shown with the qualities of Clark Kent. It would raise the bar for their behavior, a bar many men could easily meet. But, alas, that ship has sailed. Although, it makes one think how Lois would react being tossed into such an alt-dimension. Hmmmmm. Challenge Time!

Completely agree! A huge reason why the show has always seemed so special--why I'm always coming back to it--is because of how 'unique' Clark is, and just how different the story of them falling for each other is to me. And totally what I mean by this is that Clark actually has integrity (unlike a lot of male characters wink ). It is so refreshing to have a character that is a GOOD person--one who falls completely in love with his best friend. And the relationship-aspect of the show? Its 'unique-ness', IMO, comes from how heart-felt their journey together really is. Working together, becoming friends, very best friends, each falling for each other (and really needing each other in so many different ways). Getting engaged. Getting married--happily married. Wanting to start a family. There is so much more connection between Lois and Clark, so much more feeling, and so much more love shown--totally, IMO, unlike what's normally out there to view.

I'll stop now--seriously, I could go on forever praising how much a step above the rest these characters and their story is to me grin. But that would be hijacking your thread--which I definitely don't want to do.

Great idea for a challenge, Virginia--and always, great story. And again--thanks for the kind words sloppy.

Oh--almost forgot:

Virginia posted:
We truly are lucky here on the L&C Message Boards to have such great readers, who are kind enough to give us positive (and hopefully honest) feedback. They speak to the work / story, and not about the author/writer.

And us readers are so lucky we have the talented writers here--keeping the story of the show alive notworthy. It's SO appreciated smile.

Susan posted:
I couldn't have said it better myself! thumbsup As an author, it's so nice to get feedback and see that people enjoyed the story and appreciated the time it took to write. Laura's feedback always inspires me to write more! clap

My plan is working! clap clap clap wink. Love your work, Susan notworthy. And thanks so much for your kind words, also sloppy.

Will be looking forward to Part 3 posting next weekend dance
Laura

Last edited by LMA; 01/26/15 06:53 PM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~