Next part clap clap clap...

I really enjoyed Part 2 of the story, Virginia. Great dialog and such fun use of the Lois' powers grin.

It was just the cherry she didn’t need upon the top of her sundae of a day.

This sentence near the beginning of the story was a great starting off point. Loved the wordage hyper.

Clark entered the apartment and shut the door behind him. “Lois, earlier this evening I was kidnapped by aliens and they performed these weird experiments on me, which gave my girlfriend temporary insanity.”

“You think that’s funny?” Lois asked through pressed lips.

He smiled sheepishly. “A little funny.”

She scowled at him.

“Too soon?”

Really enjoyed this dialog. Very fun...could just picture this back and forth notworthy

She gave him such an intense look that it made his shirt steam.

Clark started fanning himself. “Okay! Okay! Too soon. You don’t have to incinerate me!”

rotflol lol GREAT!!!

“How do you stand it, Clark? How do you stand me?” she protested.

He shrugged. “You’re worth it.”

“Claaaark. I’m serious.”

He sat up straighter. “And so am I. I’m not this perfect being, Lois. I get angry, too.”

“Yes, but when I’m mad the allied nations should be called… and that’s without superpowers,” she countered.

Clark smiled. “I love that you’re passionate.”

“This much passion shouldn’t have superpowers; someone could get hurt,” she reminded him.

Enjoyed this part, also. Great writing--you've kept with the feel of the episode, but made this really unique, too. dance

“You’re giving a whole generation of women a new role model to look up to. You’re proving not only to them, but also to a bunch of stuffy old men out there, that you don’t have to be male to be a hero. And you’re doing it without wearing a bikini,” he reminded her.

True! thumbsup

“You say that now, but can you imagine me PMSing with these powers?

rotflol rotflol rotflol This-Was-Great!!!

He swallowed before taking a deep breath. “Lois, would you be willing to marry this ordinary man with no powers and just an ordinary suit?” he asked, holding out the open ring box.

Lois stared at him and saw a slight shake to his hand. Her gaze traveled down to the ring. “I can’t,” she said, setting her hands over his and watched as his face fell at her words. “Because even without powers, Clark, you’re no ordinary man.” She took the ring out of the box and held it up. “But if you’re asking me to marry the most extraordinary man in the world with or without powers, my answer is ‘yes’.”

Clark eyes sparkled with unshed tears.

Lois held out her hand and he slipped the ring on her finger. “If you don’t mind a little super powers in your wife.” She hovered off the floor, took his jaw in her hands, and pressed her lips to his.

He slid his arms around her, pulling her out of the air and to his chest. She opened her mouth, and he deepened the kiss.

Ahhh...Lovely WAFFYiness grin

“Are you frightened of me, Clark? Do I scare you?”

“Lois, you’re flying us into a storm cloud in order to strike me with lightning. If this doesn’t work, you’ll be Ultra Woman forever, and I’ll be dead,” Clark reminded her.

“I trusted you with my life once. Trust me and know that I love you,” Lois said, zooming them into the clouds and over to where the lightning spiked the air. She held up her right hand with the engagement ring on it.

“Lois, no!” Clark screamed, holding more tightly onto her.

A flash of light struck her hand, passed through her body, and into his. “Payback’s a bitch, isn’t it, Kent?"

Whoa--big cliff-hanger here! Can't wait for more grovel.

Awesome story, Virginia--really enjoying it!
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~