Doing some much-needed catch up whistle....

Nothing like thinking about my resolutions almost a month into the new year--whoops. It totally is par for the course right now, though. With a three and five year old in preschool, with moving into a new home from out of state right before the holidays, with a lot of traveling over the holidays....and then two rounds of Pink Eye, and 6 bad colds just since getting home from the holiday travel (between me and the kiddos--Pink Eye for both of them, and two colds for each of us wink )--Yeah...it's been a bit of a whirl-wind of a few months. Hence, a bit behind (won't even mention how un-moved in we still really are... shock ).

My resolutions for 2014...
#4. Cooking...I am very skilled at our microwave, and have great talent in pulling frozen things out of the freezer and sending them on their way to thaw in the oven--BUT, I really need to work on 'meals'. I have a few reliable recipes, but we need to up our options clap (husband and kids nodding wholeheartedly).

#5. Play--we have a 4 and 2 year old, who are amazing little people. There is always more play to be had. And at this age, anything and everything is so fun for them. Think this correlates nicely with #3.

#6. Lois & Clark--anything related to the show...watching episodes, message boards, reading fanfic, hopefully getting some fanfic started. It's what I use as my free-time, my little escape. Anything related to the show makes me very happy, and I want to be sure to get that time in for myself--because it helps with all the above unfolding...

Laura

Well, rotflol, I seem to be missing about half of them--the upgrade didn't like me, I seem to remember. And the really funny (probably not that great) thing is, I really don't remember what #1-#3 were. Eek! Probably a sign they weren't accomplished, huh? wink

Hmmm...skipping right ahead to #4:

#4. Cooking--Ummm. Ummm. Can I skip this one? grin I fear, I'm worse than I was before at the 'cooking' thing. I've come to excel at the microwave oven during this last year. And yeah--the freezer is still my go-to place to find some sort of 'meal' for us to eat. I am making a clam linguine tonight, though hyper. (It's one of the few things I CAN make...).

#5. Playing--Doing pretty well on this. Kiddos and I were just in the basement playing with a train set, while at the same time, playing 'beauty shop'. Boy and I: train. Girl and I: she was giving me a hairstyle while I was playing with the train set. Now, if only I could remember how this correlates with whatever #3 was blush.

#6. Lois & Clark--No problem there dance. Definitely loving it and enjoying it more than ever. And I have gotten a fanfic started--I've been working on it for months.

So...2 of the 3. Huh--not too bad smile. As for the missing three...well--that's probably another story wink.

Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~