Let's see...
Originally Posted by VirginiaR
#1: Sleep more and on time.
lol
#2: Finish Wrong Clark.
rotflol [Linked Image]
#3: Laugh more... mostly thinking I'll be able to accomplish both #1 & #2 within the same year...and yell less.
Yes, on "a". I plead the Fifth on "b"

#4: Be more concise in my writing
Um... Nope?

#5: Get a job... well, one of those that pays in real money and allows me to talk to people within 25 years of my age, get out of the house every once in a while, and use my brain.
Nope. Been looking for 6 months, but apparently being a stay-at-home mom for 10 years is worse than being a convicted murderer just out of jail. So, for 2015, I can no longer look for an office job that I might actually enjoy and just take anything which will pay (and has no pride/ego inducements) so we can pay the bills.

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: Kids, DON'T get a liberal arts degree! Apparently, you can't get any better jobs than you would without paying to go to college anyway. You'll still end up with the same soul-sucking job you'd get without the college degree, but regret it more because you know you deserve to do better because of your degree. Ha! A Liberal Arts Degree is only for those planning on spending even more money to go get a Masters in Business Admin, Teaching, (etc.) It's been 20 years since I've graduated and I've yet to get a job out of retail with my degree, no matter how hard I try. mecry

#6: Spend more quality time with my children and hubby, doing things *I* want to do, which doesn't include chores.
Um... Well, I get to spend much more time with my husband since he quit his 60 hour-a-week job (that only paid him for 40 hours-a-week), but "quality" and "doing what I want" and "without chores" not so much.

#7: Teach my husband (I've been together with for 20 years) what are an appropriate gift for his wife. SOCKS, and just socks, are not on that list. :rolleyes: /in case you're wondering, yes, I often base Clark's lunkheadedness on my hubby. Write what you know, people./
He's learning. /scratches head and tries to remember what he got me for Christmas other than the Airplane movie/ huh Can't remember...

#8: Teach myself to spoil myself more and my kids less... included in this, use the gym membership I signed up for, at least once a week (or more) for me and not them.
Well, I did okay toward the beginning of the year, but then after summer we had to get rid of the gym membership because between illness and financial hardships couldn't afford to pay for something I didn't use.

#9: Get my kids how to listen and to hear.... hmmm. [Linked Image] And my hubby.
lol That was always a pipe dream.

#10: Learn to live in the present, that life's a gift, and I should appreciate the good life, kids, and hubby that I have.
I'm getting better at this, I think. [Linked Image] I hope.

Hmmmm. Still trying to remember what my husband got me for Christmas, which was... YESTERDAY. wallbash Well, he did get me socks, too, but *this* year I asked for them.

Sigh. The year started out better than it ended. That's for sure. Let's hope 2015 will be better.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.