Welcome to the boards, CasWarner. wave

Originally Posted by CasWarner
In the second season, Nigel St. John comments that betraying Lex Luthor "is what I'm best at."

Look at Nigel St. John's face when Lex Luthor tells him he's in love with Lois Lane. Look at it.

Now imagine Nigel St. John in Mrs. Cox's place at the end of the episode, holding up his handcuffed hands.

In case it isn't obvious by now, I am implying that Nigel was gay, he had his eyes set on Luthor, and that when Luthor decided to marry Lois Lane...

Nigel St. John was going to betray Lex Luthor.

That's how I see it, anyway. Anyone else have an opinion?
I'll definitely check that out the next time I watch that episode. (Are you referring to the scene at the end of Pheromone, My Lovely, when Lex is throwing money into the fire?) Being gay on TV in the 1990s was very risque (and usually only played for laughs) and something LnC wouldn't have tackled overtly as a show might do nowadays. This would be an interesting twist. Does anyone know if this was ever tackled in fanfic?

I also believe, for various reasons, that Lex Luthor was going to have faked his own death, that further appearances by Lex Luthor were replaced with his son and Tempus, and that Supergirl might've been in the works.
It's rumored that John Shea didn't want to continue as a series regular in S2, which is why Lex was "killed" off and only guest starred in S2 & S3. (You'd think that the writers who made Lex create a clone of Superman would have been smart enough to have him create one of himself for just such emergencies, but NO, they want us to believe that he survived a 101 story fall. Ha! A man flying is more believable that that.) It's also rumored that he was supposed to come back for Soul Mates, but that (for some reason, conflict of schedule or whatnot) couldn't. Although, I'm not too disappointed by the inclusion of more Tempus episodes, myself, because I'm a big fan of Mr. Sarcasm. smile

I haven't heard anything about Supergirl. Are you guessing that Kara is the baby at the end of S4? Hmmmm. That sounds plausible.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.