These two episodes have spawned *tons* of great fanfics. There are so many, I can't do them justice. Just a few:

Nan Smith, one of my favorite authors, has several FH/HOL - related fics. For example, there is "Fly Hard Revisited" where Lois doesn't go with a wounded Luthor, but instead goes off with Clark. Although that's good, I like "A Night At The Office" better - it's longer, and there's more patented Nan happenings. Its sequel is "Strange Relationships" , also recommended.

Then, of course, there's Nan's take on what if Lois did marry Lex? In Wedding Day ; Wedding Aftermath ; Wedding Consequences ; Wedding Rearrangement ; and Wedding Accomplished. BJ also covered this in Master of Disguise which starts with Lois married to Lex, but certainly doesn't end that way! smile

Of course, one of my absolute favorites for L&C relationship exploration is Caroline K's awesome If I Were You . Superman, upon being told that Lois would love him if he were an ordinary man, goes and shows her that he is an ordinary man - Clark Kent. And things go on from there.
Caroline hits it out of the park again with her Field of Dreams . "Lois goes through the events of the end of Season 1 without ever having met Clark. He's still in Borneo, and in the aftermath of the Fall of the House of Luthor, Lois flees Metropolis and finds love and healing in a tiny Smallville, Kansas farmhouse."

ML Thompson shows us A Final Au Revoir" . As the description goes, "Intergang, Mayson Drake, a lover from Lois's past, and a bad case of miscommunication combine to wreak havoc on the lives of our favourite duo. Will the truth come out before it's too late, or will Lois and Clark be lost to each other forever?" ML also has Lois thinking about her options on the night before she is to marry Lex Luthor, in Midnight Gambit . Don't miss it.

Sue S. works her patented brand of magic in The Buddy System . In a re-write of "Fly Hard", Lois and Clark are tied up together in a closet. Hmm.... this has possibilities!

Bobbart shows what might have happened if Lois had returned to the Daily Planet building after the events of "Fly Hard" in Flying Easy . Read it.
Bob also has a rare Lex Luthor-POV story in Lex's Best Day , where Luthor is sitting there contemplating things just before the wedding.

What if Superman hadn't been able to get out of Lex's kryptonite cage? Tank Wilson tells us what happened in Dark Revelation .

And, once the wedding-that-wasn't is all over, BJ explores what happens to both Lois and Clark in the hilarious Wasted Revelations . Extra credit for the title's double meaning.