Lovely chapter. It explains so much about Lois, Clark and Jimmy.

“Home.”

Clark had searched for a word to describe how important Lois was to him, and once more, she had stumbled upon it first.

Home.

He felt stronger just thinking about it. He hadn’t had a home since his folks had died. He was her home, just as she was his. He couldn’t believe how simple a word it had been. Right in front of him the whole time.

When Lois had said that she thought of herself as his home, he felt like floating off the bed. He couldn’t, but he sure felt as if he had.

Brought tears to my eyes, just realizing how long it's been since Clark felt at home. Probably before his parents died.

And I'm delighted to see both Clark and Lois feeling the same way about each other. I assume the last time she felt at home was also as a child.

I sure hope this trilogy ends up with a happy ending for all the good guys and gals. And I'm not looking for a spoiler, realizing this is story #2, just hoping for a happy ending...

And I want to thank you for all the links in each chapter to the previous and next one. It makes reading this story SO MUCH easier than going through the TOC, since I just recently found this board (and haven't been following it all that long). Your extra effort is much appreciated by this reader, and I'm sure others. clap

I'm in awe how you can keep all the threads straight. notworthy I'll be reading the story more than once; it's helped with the sections I've read more than once.

Last edited by cuidadora; 09/08/14 03:56 PM.

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly