Her proximity was making it difficult for him to breathe.
He allergic to Earth women when he’s not got super powers?

“You said ‘yes’ without consulting me,” Lois stated.

The muscle in his jaw tensed. “I didn’t realize I needed your permission.”
I believe it’s customary to discuss with your significant other before heading for a wild weekend in Vegas.

“I thought we were a couple,” she said softly. “I thought we’d finally have time for us. I thought we would make these kinds of decisions together.”
See? I think I know why he managed to mess up Alt-Rachel, Alt-Lana, C-Lois, Alt-Mayson, Wrong-Linda, Wrong-Mayson.

His newly found pride flexed its muscles. “Lois, we are a couple, but I can’t run every decision I make past you first.
I think he needs to prioritize better and maybe visit a couple’s therapist for himself and his other personality.

“All I’m going to do is spend two days sitting by the pool soaking up as much sunshine as possible, and then I’m coming home.
A private pool with more relaxed clothing norms than what is common in the US? According to TV shows, that’s what they do in Vegas.

“This is about me recovering faster,” he said. “This isn’t about us.”
He didn’t just go there, did he?

“You’re right, Lois. I’m sorry. Do you want to come to Las Vegas with us?”
jawdrop He’s…he’s…he’s leanring!
CLARK: I got a manual [Linked Image]...

he asked, hoping she would say ‘no’.

Jimmy would kill him if she said ‘yes’.
Because then they’d have a girl with them in the room?

She placed a hand on his chest, and he wondered if she was about to pull his heart out.
Wait, did you say that Once Upon A Time is on your Netflix todo list or that you’re already watching?
LOIS: Are you implying that I’m Regina?
MAYSON: Can I be Emma, then, please?

“Maybe you’re right, Clark. Perhaps we do need some time apart to think about what we really do want.”
In Vegas…
CLARK: No, Jimmy, she said we’re on a break. That means it’s okay for me to hang out with these nice girls who fall just outside of my acceptable dating range.

She closed her eyes and leaned her head against his chest, clinging to him in a manner that made him feel like she was saying ‘goodbye’, because she didn’t think he would ever return.
Maybe she had a vision that the plane would make a detour to the Bermuda Triangle? Or maybe it would fly over Cleveland and get sucked into the Hellmouth?

He needed to get past this problem first, before he could focus on her.
Translation: My problems are more important than you.

“I love you,” she whispered, so softly that he almost didn’t hear it being that his good hearing was currently on the fritz.
He could get a hearing aid?

“I really do like this haircut, Lois,” Clark said,
Hey, at least it’s not [Linked Image]

Has Clark redeemed himself or is he still in the running for Lunkhead of the Year?
You have to ask?

Was Lois right or was she less than right to be angry with him?
LOIS: I’m always right!

She had hoped that Clark would be different. It turned out he was an All American Male after all.
Oh boy.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.