There Is No Spoon: Thank you so much for your comments.

Lois is way over reacting, did she ask for Clark's permission to fake her relationship with Lex?
So, their relationship hasn't moved past that mistake?

Will Clark eventually stop being such a whinny b^^^^ (I don't remember Clark being this whinny even on the show) and stop only thinking about Lois' feelings? What about his feelings and wants?
I'm not trying to make Clark sound whinny. He isn't feeling well at the moment and as you said, he's just been through something traumatic, and it has darkened his viewpoint of the world. When I'm feeling sick, I don't want to fight, I just want to be left alone. It's hard to feel happy about anything. Annoyances are more likely to make me lash out than at other times.

Has the relationship between Clark and Lois been reduced to Clark being Lois' obedient dog (I keep thinking about the Looney Tunes Cartoon "Spike and Chester")?
I'm not familiar with that cartoon. In this part, Clark is standing up for himself and what he wants and needs. Canon Clark often gave in to Lois's demands, usually so she wouldn't go off on her own. He learned early on that standing up to Lois earns her respect more.

Alt-Clark was Lana's doormat, and it's a familiar path. He's been trying to make Lois happy by giving her whatever she wants (that doesn't work, BTW), trying to make her undercover assignment less of a burden. Now that it's over, they have to figure out how to be together as a couple again... Actually "again" isn't really very apt, because their relationship has always been hidden, so in a way it's still new. They both have preconceived notions on how they should be. If Clark hadn't been caught by Lex, or emotionally tortured, or hungover he would be more ready (as Lois is) to move their relationship forward. Before the investigation into Lex, he was more ready and she was hesitant.

Is Clark not allowed to have any dignity anymore or is it all wrapped up in his "I must love Lois" mantra? Is that the only type of feelings he is allowed to have? If so, that makes for a very boring and one dimensional character.
shock I hope I haven't done that to Clark.

Clark just went through something very traumatic and does not want to tell Lois about it because he wants to protect her. To me that is a bunch of BS and a good example of what I have mentioned above.
He doesn't want to tell her because he doesn't want to deal with it. He wants to pretend that it didn't happen and move on. He may say or think that he's only protecting her, but that's only an excuse, because he doesn't want to have to talk about it and what he's been through. He often sees Lois through a veil of someone he needs to protect (also not always true), so thinking that is falling back into familiar territory for him. It's more that he wants to protect himself from what she might think of him... he's afraid she will lose respect for him or start to look down at him, which is how Lana often treated him, and he doesn't want to go there with his relationship with Lois.

Thank you for you thoughts and concerns. I'll be sure to keep them in mind as the story progresses.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.