Wrong Place, Wrong Time, Wrong Clark TOC can be found Here

Superman coming over to Luthor's penthouse at Lex's request always seemed to be an iffy way to catch him in a trap, being that Superman might refuse the invitation. Therefore, I devised this new bait for my story.

For those of you who are interested, I shall plot out Lex's plan, but I will hide it from obvious view, in case there are those of you who don't want me to spell it out for you. evil

Lex had a fire set early in the morning at the Luthor House for Homeless Children, because he knew Superman would come to help. It was merely a distraction. He wanted Superman to assume that the woman in Lex's office was Lois Lane, being that she was having brunch with her fiance that morning.

While Superman was busy taking care of the fire, Lex had Lois over for brunch. Mrs. Cox was to come and inform Lex as soon as their man on the ground at the LHfHC said that Superman was almost finished with his efforts.

At that time, Lois was to be taken (by Nigel) down to the limousine waiting in his private underground garage until given the 'all clear' sign by Lex. This way she would be out of obvious sight from Superman, when he flew past upon leaving the LHfHC, so there would be no way for Superman to know for certain that the woman he saw in Lex's office wasn't Lois. It would also get Lois conveniently out of the way. Thirdly, Lois was to be taken for a "day of pampering" where she couldn't possibly hear of the fire or of Superman's disappearance.

After Lois left, Lex entered the secret room in his office and opened his lead lined safe, hidden behind a painting painted with lead based paint. From his safe, he removed 3 items. Two of these items he handed to Mrs. Cox.

Clearly, one of the items was the Kryptonite necklace found around the neck of the faux Lois. Can you guess what the other two items were? The answer to one of items was within the first scene of this part. The third item Lex placed into a machine on his desk and pressed "start"... otherwise known as "play".

Lex, then, opened the doors to his balcony, so that when Superman flew past, he would have a clear view and line of hearing for what was occurring in Lex's office. Superman could also easily enter Lex's office without damaging any walls or windows (such as Lex had seen occur at Lois's apartment when she screamed in her sleep). When Lex turned around from his desk, he "saw" Lois standing before him. He "heard" her voice (playing on the machine). But Lois was either in the elevator headed down to the underground garage or already there, waiting in the limousine, so it wasn't Lois in Lex's office, but Mrs. Cox in disguise.

The trap was simple. Superman was emotionally exhausted from dealing with a fire where some of the children may or may not have been killed (inconsequential to Lex). He would hear Lois and Lex arguing in Lex's office. He would see Lex hurt Lois physically (the slap to the face... btw, Mrs. Cox didn't know about that part, which is why she slipped out of character for a minute and had to be hushed by Lex), or sexually, when Lex pushed "Lois" down upon his desk. Lex figured that Superman upon seeing and hearing what was happening to what visually appeared by quick glance to be Lois, that he would react without thinking, without evaluating the situation for any flaws, and be in Lex's office before he realized that there was Kryptonite inside the room.

Thank you for reading.

Well, you all knew I'd probably end up going there, so I decided to add my own little twist to Lex's torture chamber. What do you think?

Comments?

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/22/14 02:35 AM. Reason: Edited Text

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.