I know I probably went overboard on full disclosure of Lex's plan... but, technically, I didn't describe what he's going to do with Superman now that he has him, just what he did to trap him. Loving the new Spoiler feature. smile

mrsMxyzptlk: Thank you for your comments.

Hmmm... so I was right in my initial assumption that it was Mrs. Cox. I like the mask - I didn't figure that out until she said that she wanted to feel him. A mask that realistic is so old-school-comics. laugh I figure that the turtleneck and gloves were to hide the difference in skin color.
Yes to everything. Everyone always forgets about the Lex Luthor mask that Chip wore to his death, so I thought I'd use that technology here as a fun twist. Lex knew that he could convince Mrs. Cox to do almost anything... making her wear a Lois Lane mask proved it.

The video....

First, it's not necessarily live. It could just as easily be pre-recorded.
Yes, things that Clark will eventually contemplate.

Second, I'm sure it's in Lois's apartment in the ark. Lex certainly has enough surveillance on her real apartment to keep up with any changes.
Hmmmmm. Makes sense.

Third.... I'm not certain who the woman is, but I've got a guess. It's not Lois, and it's not a clone, and there's apparently no mask, so that leaves that woman Ariana was working with who got plastic surgery. Though I'm not convinced that it's not a mask - it could be some other woman who has the same skin color as Lois, and the edges of the mask are well-blended. How good is the resolution on that TV, anyway?
Not good resolution. As I mentioned, it was like a black and white security video. Who the woman is will be revealed... in a manner of speaking... in time.

I'm a bit surprised that Lois is going through with the spa day, given how much she doesn't want it.
She's playing her part of bride to the hilt. Also, I wanted to compare and contrast Lois and Clark's day.

I'm debating whether to read your spoiler-text.... Ok, I might as well.
It's soooo tempting. Like that last couple of cookies in the cookie jar...

I suppose I should respond to it in a spoiler, too.
If you like.

Ok, most of Lex's plan was clear. The audio tape certainly wasn't. And by the time I read about Superman crashing in Lex's office, I had long forgotten about the mysterious items that he had pulled from his vault. At the time, I was confused at what they were, and then I forgot about them with everything else that happened. I'm not sure whether the problem there is that it was really too vague or it's just my bad memory.
Yes, I know I wasn't very obvious about the thing in the machine. My betas both mentioned that to me as well, but I didn't want to give away the surprise. I'll come back to it again to make it more clear (although, it might be weeks away here, it won't seem so far in the Archive version).

Thanks, again, for reading and commenting. laugh

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.