I am posting a WHAM warning due to the repeat of the WHAM scene from Part 172, only this time from Clark's POV.
evil
CLARK: dizzy
ER: [Linked Image]
the concept of intense pain and the knowledge of how it could bend a man to its will were new to Clark.
laugh First time he had indigestion?

Not to mention the heartburn from swallowing that bomb.
clap

Not from the Kryptonite, but from the agony of Lois’s betrayal. How could she have…?
Really? He’s not the smartest one out there.
LOIS: I’m not lusting after his brains.

Upon seeing the Kryptonite necklace, he recalled glancing up into Lois’s face and wondering why.
Oooh! So, it’s not that he’s still out there. He’s already smack on the ground, thinking that she’s doing it again.
LOIS: Well…it didn’t take the first time so… Or the second time.

She had run her gloved fingers down his cheek, as he had stared wordlessly into those eyes.
So, just some light makeup, huh>

Then she had pressed her mouth to his, biting his bottom lip,
Awww…she’s trying to go for his power.
BETSY: Wrong TV show.

less than a moment later, pushed him down to the floor with her knee to his belly… well, under his belly… under his diaphragm, really.
[Linked Image]

Why lead him on, renew his hope, and then kill him like this?
LEX: love

There was no sense in adding cruelty to another person’s death.
LEX: [Linked Image]

beige stockings,
No, I think they’re transparent.

Luthor grabbed the back of her head and brought her lips to his in a celebratory kiss.
CLARK: sick

Luthor glanced down at Superman, lying prone at his feet. “I’m sure our guest would rather see me take you like this, Lois.”
So, are they allowed to shoot home invaders in New Troy or do people have to call the police?

pushing her hair out of her face until it fell off the back of her head and down to the floor.

How was that possible? Clark must have been dreaming.
Radiation sickness from wearing a radioactive rock around her neck?

“It appears that’s not true, anymore,” she said, pulling her face forward from the back of her head. She peeled her skin away from her face and let it drop to the floor next to her hair.
Yeah, she’s melting, all right. They really should not hand out Kryptonite to just about anybody. Also, you are doing a reference when they used Chip as a Lex stand-in, huh?

Either that, or Lois was more of an alien than he was.
[Linked Image]

One last glance through his cracked eyes and he saw that it was Mrs. Cox, not Lois, standing there next to his nemesis.
jawdrop Now…WAY! thud

Oh, sure. She could hear the pro argument: eating good food, hanging out with high society people, entrée into the choicest events, dressing up to the nines, and being spoiled rotten at the swankiest spa in Metropolis.
On the downside: Getting it on with a creep?

Come on, the guy had wept on their first date.
Oh boy…he’s going to be a mess during their first time together!

but she knew she was refilling his love tank as well.
CLARK: [Linked Image] Yeah, let’s call it that…

She felt as if she needed a full body chemical peel to cleanse herself of her faux fiancé.
He does have kind of sticky fingers, doesn’t he?

“Dylan will be here in a few minutes,”
Oooh! Lois nude in a room with some random dude.

‘Bubbles’ informed her before leaving Lois in this… this… love shack of a room.
[Linked Image] Lex arranged for her to have a bachelorette outing after all!

Why in the world would Lex think she’d want some strange guy to rub her naked body? Clark on the other hand…
And we go off to lala land…

Her idea of a relaxing day was chasing down a hot lead, writing up the story, and then spending the evening with Clark discussing their next story. This spa had none of that.
Maybe it’s a spa with benefits and Lois gets to break the story?

when a perfectly ordinary middle-aged woman in a white nurses uniform entered.

“I’m Dylan,” she announced.
shock jawdrop thud

Of course, Lex wouldn’t have hired a man to touch her body before he did.

“Can I get a chemical peel?” The words ran out of her mouth before Lois could stop them.
rotflol

“Also, since it peels away the outer layers of your skin, it can take up to ten days to recover from the procedure and have your skin back to one hundred percent. Therefore, we don’t recommend it for anyone under stress or about to be married.”
So, up to ten days of Lois looking like raw meat?
LOIS: Perfect way to keep Lex’s hands off me!

Wait. They really used chemicals to remove the outer layers of someone’s skin?
[Linked Image] It’s even on TV shows back in the 90s.

It wasn’t a metaphor or a figurative ‘peel’, but a literal one? People paid money to have this procedure done to them? Were they nuts? Well, so much for that idea.
rotflol

Dylan gestured to the silver platter. “Also, you need to drink the entire bottle of water afterwards, because you can get dehydrated and nauseous. You wouldn’t want that before your happy day.”
Well…it will happen during her happy day, so…

“And wait for you to slip under the sheet?”

“Just a few more minutes,” Lois admitted, crossing her ankles still dangling from this padded table.

Dylan nodded and left the room, telling Lois that she’d return in a couple of minutes.
Dylan sounds like the concubine mistress from Teeej!’s Care and Training, making sure the concubine is all ready to receive her First Lord.

“But I don’t have to like it.”

Clark was startled awake by a splash of water to his face.
CLARK: So, let me get this straight. Lois is getting pampered while I’m getting beaten? Really? Rewrite! Rewrite, over here!

Without a hero to rescue her, she’ll soon tire of fighting me all the time.”
LOIS: Ooops? Was I not supposed to stick that steak knife into my husband’s ribcage?

“And I have vanquished the one man who could have taken it all away from me.
Lex vanquished Tempus? I thought that that feat was accomplished by the man himself?

and I’ll let you see just how blissfully happy she is without you.
Cameras in the massage parlor?

Lois loves me, he reminded himself. What will she do when I don’t show tonight?
BILL HENDERSON: /picking up the phone/ Ye-?
LOIS: /loud, unintelligible screeching/
BILL: What? Lois? What’s going on? Slow down…

She peered out the peephole and a smile blossomed across her face. Unfastening her locks, Lois opened the door and let Luthor inside her apartment.
Huh. Looks like he’s found a double and is making use of his TV studio apartment. No, wait, she knows she’s being watched and makes the appropriate face for the cameras. Duh!

She wrapped her arms about Luthor’s neck and pressed her lips to his.
sick
LOIS: /to the audience/ Zofran. You need some in every spy’s household.

Clark’s jaw dropped open. Never had Lois ever kissed Luthor.
That he knows of.

She had certainly never initiated a kiss
That he knows of.

Unfortunately, they had moved to the settee and, with no better term available, were making out like teenagers.
So…you said no clones. So…the double Ari dug up?

Clark watched as Luthor’s hand moved down Lois’s body, touching her in places he had only dreamed about.
Lex! [Linked Image] This is no way to treat a lady.
LEX: Of the night. Yes, it is.

Luthor moved his hand to her shoulder and moved it down her arm, taking the top of the robe along with it.
So, Lex figured that maybe Superman might not make it to the morrow, or Lois might be a tad more unreceptive, so he put up a special show? Or did he find a new formula for Revenge and had it massaged into Lois?

She knew he was coming to take her to the theatre and she had been waiting for him, waiting to seduce him.

Why?
Last chance before she says no to him at the altar?

And touch her so intimately? Why?
The money’s good?

So, why remove the sound?
Because she’s not screaming? Plus, her voice is a tad immature? Like a 5-day-old frog’s?

He only needed to visually find something to verify his theory.
Unfortunately, he hasn’t seen her naked yet, that he remembers. So, will he get a strange sense of ‘that’s not right’ when he sees her naked upper body?

The strap of the woman’s negligee slipped off her right shoulder and down her bicep, revealing more of her chest.
Ooooh! Will Clark notice the missing bullet scar?

Well, you all knew I'd probably end up going there
You mean, end it at this point? wildguy You said that the WHAM would be for Clark seeing things in Lex’s office. wildguy You’re a trickster!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.