Darth Michael: I counted 19 smilies in this part. I'll keep that in mind. Thanks.

Originally Posted by Michael
Originally Posted by Part 172
Spoiler
Sleight of Hand
I figure, I already know what not to expect, so peeking into the spoiler shouldn’t hurt, right? Besides, it’s so…tempting
Hey, you were warned that it was a SPOILER, so it's not my fault if it spoiled your fun.

I chose to read this that he checked that she’s safe, and then, when she went to take a shower and hard scrub down, he chose to make really sure she’s safe and not hurting herself during her exfoliation.
CLARK: [Linked Image] I... um... have... uh... no idea to what Michael could be...um... referring.

That shouldn’t take more than 10 minutes, right?
He's not the only one working, so he has to move at human speed.

So…how does he hold his apartment that’s costing him nine even a month?
He doesn't eat much. The Kents are also paying him a little bit for working on the farm, plus he had a little bit in savings.

Prison riot?
JACK: Sounds about right.

Clark had been blissfully sleeping and dreaming of burning children. I’m guessing that took a good two minutes before he woke up. Plus, it must have taken more than two minutes for enough of a fire to start to get all the children in the Luthor Prision for Homeless Children all riled up. Don’t they have fire alarms? And wouldn’t someone notice a fire before all the kids are up and screaming? I mean, they have to have some armed guards patrolling the hallways, right? Anyhow, I guess I’m coming from the angle that it should only take 3-5 Minutes for the fire trucks to show up after the fire got reported and Superman must have slept longer than that /huh/
Anyway, Clark's mind works fast, so it only takes a couple seconds of screaming to invade his dreams, which can move quickly as one's brain dreams at faster speeds than RL.

I'm sorry. Did you assume that the Luthor House for Homeless Children was in a good section of town with ample firehouses and had working fire alarms and smoke detectors?

She’s wonderfully snobbish!
LEX: /knew she was perfect for him./
So, you don't think part of her attitude is an act?

But isn’t he continuously stubbing her?
LEX: She’s always beneath me.
No sometimes she's... No, you're right. My mistake.

MRS. COX: huh That can't be... /grrrrr/

Maybe a comma after ‘sharply’?
So that's where that extra comma I put in during Part 171 went. [Linked Image] Thanks.

Afraid she might push him out of a flying helicopter right in front of the pilot (aka the help)?
What really happened during Lois's purple octopus dream.
LOIS: [Linked Image]

LEX: No, I haven’t. Will need to fix that.
LOIS: So, you’re going to be paying more attention to me from now on?
LEX: No…that’s not what I meant. /pulls out his whip/
LOIS: If this is some kind of snide comment about my looks being like a horse, then we're through! /marches quickly out/

/Lois's opinion of what Lex will experience should he try to take what he considers "rightly his"/
LOIS: Sounds accurate.

As opposed to…?
LEX: My wedding night?
LOIS: /laughing at the thought that SM wouldn't be enjoying Lex's "wedding night" more than Lex would/
Well, perhaps Lex was planning something to occupy the hero's time.

He could lock her up afterwards?
But then he'd have to cancel the wedding and that would just look bad.

MINDY: /giving Lois advice/ Don’t worry, sister. You don’t want them to respect your snugglebums. You only want them to fear and respect *you*. That’s why I gassed my first board.
LOIS: Gee, thanks, Mindy. I'll keep that in mind. dizzy

Maybe he should confer with his psychiatrist about that.
ARI: Lock him up!

ARI: … and it is my firm believe that the accused Mr. Luthor is permanently insane and requires constant supervision and sedation. I can recommend the Luthor House for the Mentally Unstable. It is set up to handle the most extreme cases of psychosis.
LEX: /help/
rotflol So true. It would be his just deserts for underestimating women.

And what does she think when they will need to change the bloody sheets the next morning?
LOIS: I’m not a virgin.
LEX: /Michael reminds Lex about Claude/
Also, Mrs. Cox is an office assistant. She isn't the maid.

/points at Labby’s Masques/
On my summer reading list (downloaded already onto my Nook awaiting for me to have spare time. lol Whatever THAT is.)

I can’t help it but while it sounds cute when Clark says it, with Lex it’s just…creepy.
That's because when Clark says it, he's teasing. When Lex says it, it's a warning about what she should expect.

Interesting. Can one call a woman virtuous if she’s only holding on to her virtue in front of her fiancé while trying her best to be less than virtuous with another guy?
LEX: Say what?

Well…maybe a morphine overdose.
CLARK: Well, that explains a lot.

LOIS: So…what’s the minimum thing to do to still consider this marriage consummated?
BENDER: /gives her the legal definition/
LOIS: /sick/ I’ll be doing less and he’ll like it.
MRs. COX: /suggests that she take over for Lois/
LOIS: Fine. I can do that.
clap

Hope Lex doesn’t mind frost bites down there.
Good thing Clark's invulnerable.
LOIS: Hey! [Linked Image]

LOIS: He’d be lucky if that’s all the bites he’d get.
Crabs?

She will make quite the crime queen.
And the Oscar goes to...
LOIS: Thank you. I deserve it.

Ooooh! This is evil. Hinting at a Lois-do.
cool

The balcony doors opened and fresh air poured inside his office.
ER: /confused/
Lex wants to make sure that the fish takes the bait. Plus, he doesn't want to a) explain to Lois why his balcony doors need repairing, and b) doesn't want to have to repair them.

Huh. Hologram!
Hmmmm. It would be difficult to touch a hologram.

So, that’ what the spoiler was about?
This will make more sense in Part 173. I'll do a breakdown of what really happened in this scene in that part's FDK for anyone still lost.

Maybe some stronger psychoactive medication is needed?
LEX: drool Ari, I'b subbosed to be gebbing marrieb. Leb me oub of here.

He’s really using Mrs. Cox as a punching bag, isn’t he? Oh, and yeah, had I not read the spoiler, I would probably have been a bit more what the hell? about this.
Ah, did you figure out what the three things Lex took out of his safe were? evil

Oops? Superman? She didn’t call Octopus. Maybe she liked it?
CLARK: But... but... but... He was TOUCHING *her*!

On the downside, Superman will not be flying back out of that green-K’d room.
[Linked Image] I figured this SM would be smart enough not to meet with Luthor, just because the billionaire requested it of him, so I came up with another trap method.

LOIS: Great going there, Superbrains :rolleyes:
Sadly the eye roll smilie was removed during upgrade. frown Here, try this one. [Linked Image] /Although I'm not sure about the wink./

(Jack)“I din’t steal nothing!”
Intentionally missing ‘d’?
Yes.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.