Spoiler

Sleight of Hand
I figure, I already know what not to expect, so peeking into the spoiler shouldn’t hurt, right? Besides, it’s so…tempting blush

Once he had double-checked that Lois had returned safely to her apartment from her evening out with Luthor
I chose to read this that he checked that she’s safe, and then, when she went to take a shower and hard scrub down, he chose to make really sure she’s safe and not hurting herself during her exfoliation.

Clark had then proceeded to the docks to work his midnight to six a.m. shift unloading boxes.
That shouldn’t take more than 10 minutes, right?

The truth was Clark only worked at the docks at most four days a week and it was usually three, and, sometimes, only two.
So…how does he hold his apartment that’s costing him nine even a month?

Once in the sky, he pinpointed the direction of the screams and discovered to his horror it originated from the Luthor House for Homeless Children.
Prison riot?

The fire trucks had yet to arrive, but he could hear their approaching sirens.
[Linked Image] Clark had been blissfully sleeping and dreaming of burning children. I’m guessing that took a good two minutes before he woke up. Plus, it must have taken more than two minutes for enough of a fire to start to get all the children in the Luthor Prision for Homeless Children all riled up. Don’t they have fire alarms? And wouldn’t someone notice a fire before all the kids are up and screaming? I mean, they have to have some armed guards patrolling the hallways, right? Anyhow, I guess I’m coming from the angle that it should only take 3-5 Minutes for the fire trucks to show up after the fire got reported and Superman must have slept longer than that huh

At the last second, Lois turned her face so that his kiss landed on her cheek, as she whispered, “Not in front of the help, Lex.”
rotflol clap She’s wonderfully snobbish!
LEX: [Linked Image]

and how she rightly considered Mrs. Cox beneath them.
But isn’t he continuously stubbing her?
LEX: She’s always beneath me.

and then turned sharply returning to Lex’s office.
Maybe a comma after ‘sharply’?

As soon as the doors closed behind Mrs. Cox, he pressed his lips to Lois’s and thrust his tongue into her mouth.
sick

“Never reject me in front of the help again,” he growled.
laugh Afraid she might push him out of a flying helicopter right in front of the pilot (aka the help)?

“In case you hadn’t noticed, Lex. I don’t take orders, not even from you.”
LEX: No, I haven’t. Will need to fix that.
LOIS: So, you’re going to be paying more attention to me from now on?
LEX: No…that’s not what I meant. [Linked Image]

wanting to do nothing more than to throw her onto his settee and take what was rightfully his.
[Linked Image] ?
[Linked Image] ?

In her current state, he knew that there would be kicking, screaming, and biting involved, and with Superman being kept busy across town doing rescues there wouldn’t be anyone who would stop him.
As opposed to…?
LEX: My wedding night?
LOIS: [Linked Image]

Alas, he wanted more than one time with Lois and knew that if he forced her now, there wouldn’t be a second time.
He could lock her up afterwards?

“It was merely a request,” he continued. “If my employees saw how much power you have over me, they would never respect me again. I’d be the laughing stock of LexCorp and I cannot have that.”
MINDY: [Linked Image] Don’t worry, sister. You don’t want them to respect your snugglebums. You only want them to fear and respect *you*. That’s why I gassed my first board.

Lex spoke the truth. He had to possess her. It wasn’t merely a desire, anymore. It was a need, a requirement for his life, like breathing.
Maybe he should confer with his psychiatrist about that.

Thankfully, he had Arianna to stand by him and declare him temporarily insane.
ARI: … and it is my firm believe that the accused Mr. Luthor is permanently insane and requires constant supervision and sedation. I can recommend the Luthor House for the Mentally Unstable. It is set up to handle the most extreme cases of psychosis.
LEX: help

Mentioning our wedding bed in front of that woman was humiliating.”
And what does she think when they will need to change the bloody sheets the next morning?
LOIS: I’m not a virgin.
LEX: [Linked Image]

“You’re not planning on taking me out after we’re married?” She raised a questioning eyebrow at him.
/points at Labby’s Masques/

“Ah, but then you’ll be legally required to be there,” he teased with a wink.
I can’t help it but while it sounds cute when Clark says it, with Lex it’s just…creepy.

Out of all the women he had wanted, only Lois had held so tightly onto her virtue.
Interesting. Can one call a woman virtuous if she’s only holding on to her virtue in front of her fiancé while trying her best to be less than virtuous with another guy?

He was sure that sex with her would be as addicting as any lethal drug.
Well…maybe a morphine overdose.

Because of her fight and drive for perfection, sex for them would always be new and exciting.
LOIS: So…what’s the minimum thing to do to still consider this marriage consummated?
BENDER: [Linked Image]
LOIS: sick I’ll be doing less and he’ll like it.
MRs. COX: [Linked Image]
LOIS: Fine. I can do that.

Bender’s nephew was an idiot, if he thought this woman could ever be an ice maiden.
Hope Lex doesn’t mind frost bites down there.
LOIS: He’d be lucky if that’s all the bites he’d get.

Lex watched as Lois turned back and gazed down at him from the top of the stairs.

“I love this view,” she said, a devilish sparkle in her eye. “I must confess I love the fact that everyone in the city has to look up to see me.”

He chuckled. “Touché, darling. Touché.” He blew her a kiss.
She will make quite the crime queen.

She nodded, her brown hair bouncing as it grazed her mid-neck.
Ooooh! This is evil. Hinting at a Lois-do.

The balcony doors opened and fresh air poured inside his office.
confused

When he turned around, Lois Lane stood before him. Taller, more erect than he had ever seen her. Her eyes flared at him with a flash of hatred.
Huh. Hologram!

“Lex!” Lois’s voice gasped. He could hear a slight waver in it.

“Never talk back to me again, Lois,” he insisted.
So, that’ what the spoiler was about?

He was losing control. He could no longer wait. He slapped her again, harder this time, with the back of his hand and a wave of desire coursed through his veins.
Maybe some stronger psychoactive medication is needed?

“Ow!” Lois drew her hands up to protect her face. The anger was gone from her eyes, but a fear was creeping in. “What are you…?”

“Quiet, woman!” he hissed, grabbing her neck and pushing her face down on his desk.

“No! Wait!” Lois moaned. “I love you.”
He’s really using Mrs. Cox as a punching bag, isn’t he? Oh, and yeah, had I not read the spoiler, I would probably have been a bit more what the hell? about this.

She screamed as Lex flew across the room and hit the wall.
Oops? Superman? She didn’t call Octopus. Maybe she liked it? On the downside, Superman will not be flying back out of that green-K’d room.
LOIS: Great going there, Superbrains :rolleyes:

“I din’t steal nothing!”
Intentionally missing ‘d’?

Last edited by Darth Michael; 05/18/14 12:01 PM.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.