thumbsup metwin1, you said almost exactly what is on my mind rearding religion and social issues. Thank you.

And, no, Jesus was not born on December 25. Christmas was basically adopted as a feast day celebrated by several other culture. Actually, early Christians were opposed to celebrating Jesus's birthday at all. Here is an article about the history of Christmas . It's from a Catholic web site, so it is slanted, but the early Christians were Catholic.

That is why 'taking the Christ out of Christmas' is riddiculous to me. If people want to celebrate Christ's birthday with a solemnity like Easter without the secular customs and the customs adopted from the ancient solstice feasts, they should find out when his birthday really was (for some reason, I think I've heard April before) and set up a true solemnity of Christ's birth significant to only Christians.

- Laura

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve