*applauds* Exactly, Paul.

And kmar, I hope you won't take this the wrong way, but the idea of a "Chanukah Bush" makes me physically ill. Chanukah is about holding on to our Jewish beliefs in the face of assimilationist pressure. The terrible irony of someone "celebrating the beliefs of their religion" in this way . . . well, it hurts. That's not what embracing diversity means in my book.

Now, does that mean I think people should not celebrate Christmas. Absolutely not! And if they wish me a Merry Christmas, I will usually just smile and wish them a happy holidays (especially if it's some poor salesperson who can see that I'm Jewish (it's the yellow star that gives it away wink ) and gets flustered). I appreciate the good will, regardless of how it's phrased.

Which reminds me! Pam, I keep forgetting to email you and thank you for the sweet card. smile I should give you my current address, too. My forwarded stuff comes in clumps every few weeks. (I think the PO hoards it . . . not sure WHY. [Linked Image])

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun