Hrm. Interesting topic. I'm curious to see how everyone responds.

The reasons *why* I celebrate Christmas goes a bit beyond just religious reasons. I've always celebrated Christmas. It's a major part of the year that I look forward to. I throw myself into it whole-heartedly, and enjoy it with enthusiasm. It's a time of joy and giving and happiness, and sometimes we all really need that. (Okay, so thinking of it as an extended birthday doesn't hurt, either wink )

As far as the last question goes, I was a bit mixed on it. Should City Halls have nativities? No. For one, they have different faiths working there, and are government offices. Should they not decorate then? No, if they want to decorate, then go right ahead, but leave nativities to the churches and personal homes. Even if they do fight over whether or not Baby Jesus should be put in the manger before Christmas. But that's a whole other debate.

Now, as far as Christmas parades go, most of the ones I've seen are a bunch of organizations getting together, and while there may be a theme, each group has control over what they do. I have nothing against religious floats in a Christmas parade. (As long as they toss me candy, I'm happy) Let the individuals do what they want.

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited