Well, I'm not American, so I voted in the last question of the poll as if it was for my country, where Church and State are *definitely* separate.

But I do celebrate Christmas. I was born in an Atheist family, I'm Agnostic myself, and I never considered Christmas a Christian holiday - what helps, I think, is that in French, "Christmas" is "Noel", which is a word that has no religious conotation.

You might be aware that my country is very, very careful with religion at school, yet all schools put up Christmas trees and celebrate Christmas. We tend to consider its origin as pagan rather than Christian. Many French Muslims celebrate Christmas. The only thing is, we don't build up Nativity Scenes, and yes, I'm one who would be against the idea of a Nativity Scene at City Hall: you can never display stuff from every single religion, and one is bound to feel left out if you display the "main" ones only (how do you decide which religions are the main ones anyway?). So my idea of freedom of choice clashes with the idea of (any) religion being officially displayed in political places.

Just my .02.

Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~