Originally posted by Kismatt:
Ever read After the End off SQ?
I remember having read a story by that name, but it's been years since I read any HP fics. I get the impression that it's incredibly long and that I enjoyed it, but I don't remember the story at all.

There were some really, really *good* HP fanfics, and some really *really* bad ones.
I expect that's true of any fandom. Some people just can't write well and either don't know it or don't care.

I've read several Justice League stories lately that have very interesting premises and plots, but the execution is terrible. I slogged through and finished reading them because they were interesting enough, but I was cringing the whole time. With some it's evident that the writer is not a native English speaker, and they just need someone to help them with the homophones, idioms, and phrasing to make it flow well. With others it seems like the writer didn't bother to flesh out the story properly or proofread.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)