I've used these boards, MSN messenger, chatrooms and IRC since I was 14-15 (started out in 2002-2003). On 2006 I started a LiveJournal I still use. I was an early adopter of those kinds of social networking, being both young and with the Internet not being very widespread in Greek homes before 2005 or so.

I used to avoid Facebook like the plague. I knew it would be a huge timewaster and I just wasn't a fan of being expected to add all the classmates from high school. I didn't even like them all that much. :p I finally caved into my best friend's pressure last year and made an account, but I'm using a fake last name and I've added relatively few people.

I technically met my boyfriend of two-and-a-half years on IRC, too. He was in a trivia channel and had already made some friends there, then I followed one of those friends (whom I had met through MSN messenger via a RL friend) into the channel... and then a long, long story which ends up with us getting together two and a half years after our first meeting, lol.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...