I was one of those people who resisted social networking for a long time. My husband finally got me to join Myspace when were were engaged. So I guess I joined in early 2006, since we were engaged for a few months before I finally caved. I don't remember if Facebook was as exclusive back then, but I resisted anyway. I hate jumping on the "trendy" bandwagon. But still, I enjoyed Myspace. Then suddenly, one day Myspace died for all of my friends. It was either join Facebook or lose contact with people. So I caved and joined Facebook.

Twitter I resisted for a very, very long time. I finally joined two or three months ago. But I don't use it to social network, per se. I really only use it to follow some celebs (like Bruce Campbell, who I adore) and some of my favorite Food Network stars (like Robert Irvine). I don't just follow random people. About the only normal person I follow is my husband, and one or two friends.

I'll admit to being addicted to Facebook. I've actually come to really like being able to keep in contact with various former classmates. And I've been able to reconnect with some old high school friends that I had lost track of years ago.

I find it stranger when people refuse to get smartphones. laugh My mom is one of those people. I got my first smartphone (and current one!) just over a year ago and I will NEVER go back to a regular cellphone again! laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon