Well, I retired (early laugh ) over a decade ago now (gosh is it really that long ago?), so I've achieved a long held dream of being at home, too. I was never one of those people who worked for social reasons - it was always just to pay the bills - so first chance I got to stay at home, spending time with hubby and Homer, I leapt at it.

But, back in the day, I worked as a court clerk for a legal firm. Positives were that I more or less worked on my own - really, I was the only one who understood what I did goofy , so my bosses just let me get on with it rather than admit they were lost laugh . Mostly preparing court papers and liasing with the courts on gaining decrees.

The negatives were that it was in the area of debt litigation - we prepared court cases against debtors for major utilities and loan companies - and my sympathies were usually more with the debtors than the companies. Now and then it was a little depressing aggressively chasing people for payment who were in dire circumstances through no fault of their own. It wasn't so bad when you were chasing the obvious scroungers. laugh

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers