but I was told People who have Some disabilities can't Go to college or take on any kind of career like that so I became a housewife.
Hogwash! Don’t you believe it. Many years ago, when I had roommates, one of them had Cerebral Palsy. She could walk but her walk was ‘bouncy’. Her speech was quite difficult to understand. She was definitely challenged, and even though she was told that going to college would be a difficult thing to do, she plunged ahead and went anyway. She now has a master’s degree and has a very successful career working at a major university. This lady has always been an inspiration to me, and so I’ll say again, “Brava, Pat, Brava!”

So if you want to go to college to be a journalist, go for it. You are never too old. I don’t know what kind of disabilities you have, but there are many ways to work as a journalist. Go for it!

Didn't mean to offend you Sue.
Oh, I don’t think you offended her. I think, like me, she is trying to encourage you!! smile

In fact, I have an interview for a treasury management job at a bank on Friday afternoon! *fingers crossed*
I will.

I'm a homemaker. It is my dream job.
Mine, too. It didn’t work out that way for me, but I’m glad that some people still have and realize that dream. That bit about the pretty witch was so funny. It reminded me of Elizabeth Montgomery in Bewitched. You should have carried a mixer or a toaster... rotflol

I recently left my 2 year preschool teaching position due to circumstance and also my desire to finally go for my dream of becoming a doctor. I start premed classes in a couple weeks-which means I have to find some work!
I’m so glad that you are going for this dream. I thought about doing this several years ago and I kept putting it off. And now I’d be hard pressed to pay for medical school. And at my age (don’t ask), I never get the loans paid off. wink I am, on the other hand, preparing to work on my master’s of nursing. And you do need to work as much as possible while in pre-med, because at some point, you won’t be able to work while in med school (if you are in the US). And did you know Bakasi is a medical student?

I always like finding out what everyone does. I hope we get more replys.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~