I checked that, Irene, but the Expansys website says they only take back items that have arrived less than 7 days before (I've had mine for 10 days [Razz] ) and are still wrapped in mint condition. Like they expect you to figure out it's not right for you *before* you unwrap it. [Razz] So that doesn't seem to be an option, I'm afraid. [Frown]
I wouldn't let that put you off, Kae. Over here, they wouldn't get away with that. They can put it on their paperwork all they like, but the law states that goods have to do the job they're supposed to and they are obliged to do something about it if they don't. Frankly, that kind of statement isn't worth the paper it's written on. Quite literally.

Don't know what French law on this is, obviously, but I wouldn't automatically assume that their statement can fly. I'd definitely push on it. Do you have an equivalent of the Citizens' Advice Bureau? Somewhere that will let you know your consumer rights for free?

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers