Hmm. Well, I thought that since the H140 filled every criteria I'd described (including the create playlists on the go thing), the H340 would do that just as well (since it's pretty much the upgraded version of the player). I have to confess that if I can't create playlists on the go, it *is* a big disappointment. It was one major feature that I really wanted. frown

I refuse to believe I have a defective player. I've had enough trouble with computers and drives over the years. It just *can't* happen constantly. frown

Paul, could you ask your sister if she can move files around and read files on her computer *from* the I-River?

Also, it seems I can't even eject the drive safely. It doesn't appear on my "safely remove hardware" icon. And when I unplug it, to replug it and have it detected by the computer again, I have to reboot the computer.

Kae frown

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~