... before I go utterly nuts and lose whatever is left of my patience (which, admittedly, is not much).

I'm looking for someone foolproof with a bit of time and lots of patience, who knows everything there is to know about Windows XP and the I-River H340. Before I do something rash. Such as throw that €400 toy out the window. :p Or send it back to Expansys and tell them to stuff it where the sun don't shine.

It was supposed to be simple, easy, plug-and-play, use it like a harddrive, create playlists on the go, USB 2 fast transfer (hah! Like over 10 hours to transfer 5 GB is *fast*!), and so on. It's none of that. I've gone through the whole user manual (something I normally never do, but I was really desperate) and I'm discovering more and more things that just won't function. Not to mention there doesn't seem to be a way to make playlists on the go. Even though I read reviews saying it was possible. I visited many forums to see if other users were having the same issues as I did, and some mentioned the slowness of the transfer, but none of what the other users suggested to fix the problem worked for me.

I spent ages weighing the pros and cons of buying that player, especially as it was more expensive than what I originally wanted to spend, so ARRRRGGHHHHHH! mad mad mad

If you can help (no, Roger, telling me I should get a Mac and an I-Pod is *no* help laugh ), please email me at the address in my profile. I'll be forever grateful!

Kaethel whinging (wishing something would go RIGHT!)

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~