I am not a fan of Christmas at all. I don't really like anything about it. I don't like the music -- every station is playing all Christmas all the time. It makes me crazy. I don't like Christmas decorations -- all the putting decorations up and taking them down. I don't like trying to figure out what to get people. I am totally the Grinch. Maybe it comes from my having a December birthday or something.

I just had to point this out -- in all my grinch-ness:

And when you work in a mall that is striving to be politically correct, and won't play secular Christmas music.... How many times can they play the same three songs over and over again? I'm getting pretty tired of 'All I Want for Christmas is You', 'I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus', and 'Jingle Bell Rock.' I have to duck into Walmart once in a while to hear 'Oh Holy Night' and other religious classics.
'Secular' actually means "not religious'. So the music they are playing is actually secular music.

When I worked at Party Place when I was younger, there was this one Christmas CD they would play over and over and over and over and over on infinite repeat. It was like the disco-world-party christmas CD. There was one song that drive me crazy! Last Christmas, I gave you my heart, the very next day you gave it away. This year, I'll give it to someone special . . .

The only thing that may make me see the magic of Christmas is if my mom can be out of the ICU and possibly home by Christmas.

- Laura

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve