Kathy said
I just hope the rest of the SV-watching population is reacting as strongly to Lois as we are.
I happened to cruise by the Kryptonsite MBs this morning, just curious as to the buzz about last night's episode. I don't really go there often and I never post there because the level of intelligent conversation is fairly low. I have to say that I was discouraged to read how many posters thought that the epi was either "meh" or just didn't like it at all. It absolutely baffles me because I personally enjoyed it so much. I only hope that M&G go to other sites as well and get a broader read, because I stopped reading the posts over there out of sheer frustration.

What I'm hypthosizing, though, is that a lot of people who really love Lana and the entire Clana thing really resent the introduction of Lois. So we are going to end up with a huge schism - those who love Lois and ED as Lois and everything about the show with Lois in it (count me in that group) and those who hate her because she represents the reality that they cannot face - that Clark never ends up with Lana.

It does scare me when I hear that the ratings are slipping, especially now that I'm enjoying it so much. I want to jump up and down and wave my arms and say "Hey!! Over here! I'm watching and I love it. Keep up the good work!!" Maybe it's because I'm part of the "older demographic" that I so much appreciate the direction that the show is taking, but I'm afraid it is the younger demographic that they will be trying to please.

My only hope is that we have at least this season and perhaps next for sure because everyone is signed for 5 seasons. Even if the ratings slip, hopefully - hopefully, they'll keep it around. Then again, if they get rid of Lois because they bow to the Clana pressure, I won't care much if it goes off the air.

Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah