Originally posted by Mouserocks:
One last question- I swear- can someone explain to me exactly what the difference is between the "swag" and the "fanworks auction" stuff? I think it's just the term swag that's tripping me up. confused
I think the difference is that SWAG ("Stuff We All Get" or something like that), trinkets, t-shirts, physical items, you can hold in your hand and usually advertises something (those freebee pens, pencils, or pins handed out at fairs, that type of thing). Here, we were trying to come up with our own Slogan to put on them and they wouldn't be free. You would pay for the item(s) with the slogan on them which would also include an amount for a donation. This forum also would include fixed donation price items and everyone can get one type stuff, which could probably include things like Ken's epub offer and Lynn's short story offer.

Where as the "Fanworks Auction" stuff is supposed to be more creative items, which will go to the highest bidder: Banners, beta work, guest shots in someone story, avatars, etc. (although, I understand some of those things could probably end up as SWAG / set priced items as well).

This is my understanding. Please, Wendy et al, correct me if I'm wrong.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.