*peeks in, looks around and wonders if anyone still remembers her*

Hello!! wave

It's wonderful to see how many fantastic ideas have been suggested so far. FoLCs have always been so generous when it's come to fundraisers to keep our favourite sites going - only fair when we consider the generosity of those who volunteer many hours a week of their time to run, maintain, repair and improve all the big websites in FoLCdom, including the Archive and these boards. A huge shoutout here, by the way, to LabRat and Lauren of the Archive, Annette and all the mods on these boards, Tricia and the rest of the Kerths team, and many more.

You all have had some wonderful suggestions on the fic side. I actually organised both paper and electronic fic zines in the past for fundraisers, so I can say paper bad - expensive! - electronic okay, but there are still distribution costs. However, if anyone would like to go that route, I'm happy to share what I learned from previous experience. I still have files on my computer from those fundraisers.

A couple of other ideas to add to what's been said: in other fundraisers over on LiveJournal I've seen and been peripherally involved in, other types of fanwork have been very popular. Here's some thoughts there:
  • icons/avatars
  • fic banners
  • headers or other artwork for a blog or web page
  • podfic - ie someone reads your fic aloud and records it
  • original art, either on paper or electronic

I know there are very talented FoLC who do things other than writing, so what about some of these?

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*