I donated an amount I won't specify, but the story around it is too good to keep to myself.

I grow aloe vera plants in my garden, and the things reproduce readily. As such, every couple of years I separate them and try to find a way to dispose of the extras (which are many). This year, I decided to advertise them on Craigslist and see if anyone wanted to buy them. A buyer showed up, wearing a Superman t-shirt and stoned out of his mind (luckily, he wasn't driving). He said he wanted them because they were green like Kryptonite (the gel does in fact appear to glow when placed in a clear container and set in the sun, though otherwise, they're spiny green plants with reddish flowers on long stalks). Anyhow, he bought all three cartons of plants I'd amassed, put them in the back of his truck, and left (the driver kept looking at me like "I'm sorry this person is so weird"). The whole transaction was weird, but it was also funny, and because of the Superman connection, I decided to donate the proceeds here. rotflol

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland