As far as profanity being a sign of lack of creativity or command of the English language goes, I have to say that it takes a fair amount of creativity for a single word to have so many meanings--even if it has to be repeated numerous times in a sentence to get all the meanings across.

I had an elderly friend who could swear very creatively. He had a large vocabulary and could combine pretty much any word with a profanity if something irritated him or he wanted to get a point across. I never heard him say the F word, but he said just about everything else.

I have two young nieces that I spend a fair amount of time with. When something happens that seems to call for a strongly-worded response, I often say "Goodness gracious me oh my!" I said that yesterday in front of the high school students and they found it hilarious (almost as hilarious as the time I dropped an 8-pound hardcover book on my toe and yelled "Owie!")

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland