scifiJoan posted:
Excellent point that the lack of profanity on this site has to do with the characters. It's part of the package. I know I love that Superman is a good guy and always tries to do the right thing. And in L&C, I always loved the fact they didn't swear and that they even waited to be married before consummating their relationship.
Totally agree--I think the tone of the show, and the character portrayals we came to know throughout it's four year run, are the reasoning that profanity is lacking on the this site. Whenever I read fanfic, I always get a 'movie' going in my head--picturing Lois and/or Clark from sometime during the timeframe that the story could be pulled from the show--and visualize everything. The show really guides my mental image of whatever I read. Because the show didn't really go there, I never really expect the characters to go too far into that area. A great story, to me anyway, is a story where you feel like you are watching more of the show--a new episode, a season prior to the pilot, or years down the line--and to have that feeling, the characters need to be spot-on. Having correct characterization makes even the most 'out there' story idea seem very true-to-form clap .

Being a teen when the show was originally broadcast, the innocence of their relationship was a huge draw for me. Becoming partners, then friends, best friends, falling in love, getting married--it was a beautiful process to witness. Even now as an adult, I really enjoy the wonderful 'tone' that the show has--can't wait till the kiddos get a bit older. Fun times ahead dance ...

Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~