Wow! Look at all those winners! You guys did great!

I knew going into Nano this year that I probably wouldn't make it. I was already too stressed over some things at work, and I didn't need the stress of trying to hit 50,000 words. However, I got a good start on my book and averaged over 500 words per day, which is about 3 times normal. Unfortunately, I've caught up with what I outlined before November 1, so I need to get back to outlining and writing. I'm going to use some of the techniques I've learned during Nano, like spending 15 minutes plotting each day and then freewriting in two 10-minute bursts. That ought to keep me at the 500 wpd pace and let me keep writing even when work goes insane halfway through January.

Again, congratulations to all of you! It's great to see that you've made it to that 50,000 word goal.

EDITED TO ADD: I passed 16,700 words, which is over 1/3 the way to 50,000 words. If I maintain this pace, I should be done with the first draft by the end of next semester since I'm shooting for 100,000 words. And that'll give me the summer to work on editing.

Sheila Harper
Hopeless fan of a timeless love story

http://www.sheilaharper.com/