Actually, both last year (which I'm planning to post someday) and this year, I've had a lot of other characters. On the one hand, I felt as if my story would be very two-dimensional without having an ensemble cast, even if it meant making up my own characters or filling in characters that were two-dimensional in the show. For me, it made it a better story.

On the other hand, I'm always concerned. Lois and Clark wasn't an ensemble show, and a lot of readers don't like it when they aren't given the spotlight throughout the story.

I felt the same way when I had to cull my buddy list. Last year I had more than 11 friends who were writing. I had to pick and choose between buddies. For one thing, I deleted James since I already knew how he was doing. This year I thought it was sad that all of my buddies fit, including some who left this fandom over the last year (or at least, I haven't seen them).

Christina, 2500 words is awesome. I've only managed that twice this year, once on a Sunday and once during a write-in.

JoJo, try to get at least ten to twenty minutes of writing in every day, even if you don't get 1667 words. That way you won't lose momentum. You'll remember who everyone is and where you put them. Yesterday I only got 251 words in, but I didn't miss a day. I'm just as proud of those 251 words as I am some of my big days because it shows my commitment.

Elisabeth
who has to confront someone in RL and isn't looking forward to it