Both of mine were relatively mundane, I guess... With my first, all the rolling from left side (as my blood pressure was high) to my back for each contraction and then back again crimped off the epidural tube, but when I yelled, the doc fixed that. The second time, the nurses were slow to react to my request for pain meds (and the nurses weren't within reach goofy ) but again, the doc was very accomodating about that (same doc; wonderful woman). Still, two kids was it for me. I was allowed whoever I wanted, and no special clothing was required. My husband did joke about "no shoes, no shirt, no service," but the doc was used to him by then (and he was wearing shoes and a shirt, you know, so really, wouldn't you have ignored him, too?). Anyway, yes, I think you can have anybody you want in there. So you could even have her hanging on to a complete stranger smile and they'd let him in. (Anybody want to write something like that? Plot tidbit, free to a good home...)

'Toc

TicAndToc :o)

------

"I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three."
-Elayne Boosler