well ... all in all this thread supports my decision NEVER to have children
I'll second that. laugh

Actually, my sister-in-law pretty much had it sewn up before I read the thread. I can't remember how long she was in labour with her first, but I remember it was a dang long time. Days.

It took them a while to listen to her telling them something was wrong, but, eventually, they realised that Amy had her left foot firmly stuck between two of mum's ribs and was going nowhere without help. dizzy

The poor little mite had to wear a plaster on her leg for six months after the birth and there was a lot of talk that scared my SIL rigid about damage to the bone and tons of operations in Amy's future and her having to wear calipers until she was a teenager, which happily turned out not to matter. The plaster came off and she was fine. But she looked dang pathetic for a while there.

LabRat smile (who found this thread interesting, to her surprise, as usually she shares Tank's aversion to anything remotely related to baby talk...)

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers