Okay, I don't have time to do the whole thing, but I just went to the fic index and did the ABC title page (all stories begun on these boards since their inception with titles beginning with A, B, or C).

I did it by counting up the stories on my screen, jotting down the numbers, scrolling down, and counting the next page. My findings, page by page, with totals:

Complete Stories:
9 + 14 + 10 + 10 + 12 + 8 + 11 + 9 + 12 + 5 = 100

Complete stories not yet archived:
3 + 05 + 02 + 02 + 04 + 4 + 02 + 1 + 04 + 2 = 29

So, for the ABCs, about 1 completed story in 3 has yet to be archived. Not only does that hold up in total, but the ratio pretty much holds true page by page. 3/9, 5/14, 2/10, 4/12... all pretty close to 1/3. There are some exceptions (4/8, 1/9...) but it still averages out neatly.

I may do DEF tonight, or someone else is welcome to do the next batch. Or maybe this is a reasonable sample. It's a good number of stories, and a cross-section of authors. Probably, if you took out the incomplete stories from Karen's count, you'd end up with a similar number.

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.