I guess someone with nothing to do for a few days could go through the fanfic MBs for an entire year and count the number of completed stories posted.
Actually, it's much easier to calculate than that, Yvonne. Quoting for speed as at the moment I'm supposed to be cooking dinner for my soon to be home from work hubby and not here on the pc wink from an email from the Index Crew:

Just wanted to point out to you that you can use the fanfic mbindex (http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Meteor/7378/mbindex.html)
to tell quickly how many stories are on the fanfic mbs that aren't in the Archive. Just compare the Complete comment in column two to the Yes comment in the last column of each table.

If you want to compare the completed stories to the archived stories each week for 2005, you can use the latest update file accessible from the above page. That has Completed vs Added to Archive for each week in 2005.
So if anyone has time to do that, before I do...

Personally, I don't think there needs to be a radical change in the way things are done. I think an occasional reminder thread like this one should be enough. If Labby posts such a reminder every few months I think those who are posting their stories on the mbs will get the message.
Tried that, Tank, but it's very much a short-term solution. It doesn't work over the long-term to solve the underlying problem.

All that happens when I post such a reminder is that I get a tiny flurry of email - say three new submissions, tops. Then silence again.

What I'm looking for now is a more long-term solution that solves the problem once and for all. Posts such as these, as I've done in the past, just work out as a temporary bandaid, unfortunately.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers