Laurie's right, and it's a pity that a potential asset to FoLCdom as a whole has been so... tarnished? I don't know what to call it. frown

I don't think I'll be visiting this folder again, so I'll just sum up a few points:
  • While M-Comm hasn't explicitly said so, there's been an implication on this thread that it was underhanded to submit a brand-new story to the Merriweathers, rather than an old one. This baffles me utterly. I wrote a new story for this contest because I wanted to take part, not because I wanted to trap or trick anyone.
  • Many suggestions have been made as to motive in choosing a different pseudonym than my normal pen-name. No matter what others might have assumed, including M-Comm, I had no other motive than impulse. It was a new story, so why not submit it under a new name? As I stated before, I submitted a second story under my regular pseudonym of Hazel for the explicit purpose of showing I was not suspicious of M-Comm.
  • There have been references to hate-mail directed at Katrina, M-Comm, the judges, or all three. I have had no part in that and I sincerely hope that I haven't inspired any.
  • I'm not sure this needs to be emphasized, but just in case: I have NO resentment whatsoever for the judges -- neither for their scores of my fics nor their scores for other stories. I would have enjoyed the opportunity to discuss and clarify things with them, even on an anonymous basis, but it's clear that's not going to happen.
  • The only time I ever suggested "outing" the judges was before the Merriweathers began, and then it was a suggestion to reveal the entire pool of judges, not just the four specific ones who would be judging a particular cycle of entries. I agree that it's best to leave those specifics alone.
  • Most importantly, I don't want to become a focal point that might damage the Merriweathers further. I do think M-Comm badly needs to get its act together, but the premise of the Merriweathers itself is a wonderful one that I don't think should be lost.

I'll be happy to discuss this privately with anyone who wants to, but I thinks that's enough in a public forum from me.

Hazel

Lois: You know the deal.
Clark: Superman gets the guys in capes, Lois and Clark get the guys in suits.

-- Action Comics 827