I've stayed out of this discussion because I was afraid I'd say something inflamatory. I am not going to say everything I am thinking because it will just cause more problems then it is worth.

First of all, I did submit a story to the Merriweathers, but Katrina Lee never recieved it, so it wasn't judged. huh Oh well.

I know I've requested this from the KComm, so it only seems fair to request it from the MComm as well: how about a full disclosure of stories submitted and scores received? I bet that would clear this whole thing right up. A girl can dream.
I can't believe it, but I agree with Cindy. I think full disclosure is necessary in this case.

However, I would like to go a step further and request that the judges and the Merriweather Committee reveal themselves. If they know who wrote the stories they judged (which they obviously do, if they searched to find out who Allyse Smith is), it is only fair that the authors know who judged their work. I also think it is only fair to give the authors their score sheet, so they can know exactly what their stories were scored on rather than a random number in various categories. The numbers mean nothing without something that gives the numbers meaning and something that shows the author what they did well or what they can improve on.

- Laura

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve