We would have posted the retraction sooner ...
Since these awards are something new and are still in the throes of growing pains, I can see how accidents might happen.

Can I offer a small suggestion? Since there really is no tangible award - no money being given as prizes, no award ceremony, no big statuettes - perhaps in the case of such an error instead of retracting an award maybe the original winner could keep it and a secondary one given to the rightful winner? Just kind of avoids that mental image of the trophy being wrenched out of someone's hands to be handed over to another. laugh

And too, the original erroneous winner still gets something nice to compensate for the disappointment. wink

Lynn

PS - I did have one more question. I'm sure that this is the case although it is not posted anywhere on the Merriweather website that I could find, but judges are ineligible to enter, aren't they? Probably a stupid question, but just wanted to make sure. smile

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah