So...technically the scorecard could be asking the judges to rate me on how many adverbs I've used or how many sentences it took before I included a revelation moment or whether or not I used the correct terms of endearment between Lois and Clark?

Actually, I have to say that that was one aspect of the Merriweathers that I did much appreciate - that the criteria listed on the sample scorecard seemed a good list of elements on which to be judged. And I had looked forward to seeing how I did on those particular elements. I considered it part of the feedback.

Perhaps it is just a matter of posting a sample scorecard before each specific category contest? I know that's probably a lot of work for M-Comm, but perhaps it's a matter of developing two or three templates that just require slight modification each time. That would also help entrants interpret scores correctly.

Otherwise, if we don't know what we are being judged on, how can we value such a judgement? huh

Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah