Well, I don't use BRs too often, and I haven't written very much lately. It's not that I don't appreciate what BRs do, it's that most of what I write consists of short pieces I dash off in under an hour (often much less). Doesn't usually seem worth finding a BR for bits of fluff like that.

Every once in a while, though, I'll attempt something longer, and that's when BRs are really useful. All the more so because I'm simply not used to working at that length.

So, I'd like to thank...

Bethy, whose help with Persephone's Return was invaluable. Besides pointing out a myriad of places in need of tweaking, she forced me to reevaluate half the story, bringing about the Lois introspection that became the signature of the whole thing.

Kaylle. Her brainstorming, BRing, and general encouragement played a major role in getting "Finding Clark Kent" from the point of "hey, wouldn't it be cool to write a fic with reader interaction?" to an actual living story. She even managed to BR the sections in record time, sometimes even while I was posting.

Laurie, for agreeing to work with me on Chi, Beta, despite a busy schedule, and for managing to review it when I was ready despite a family emergency.

Sara, for both her patience and enthusiasm. Those two qualities don't go together very easily, so it's all the more impressive that she's managing. I only wish I had more for her to help me with. Hopefully, I'll be able to thank her more properly next year.

The archive GEs, for the amazing work that they do. Neither rain nor sleet nor excessive comma splices will stay these tireless grammatical warriors from their appointed stories. Or something like that.

If I've forgotten anyone, my deepest and humblest apologies. It's not because your work was any less helpful. It's just been a long year.

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.