Well, it's December 1 again, and we decided on these boards last year to make this day our Annual Beta-Reader Appreciation Day.

Beta-readers are an essential part of any fanfic-writer's set of tools. wink They test-read stories for us, reassure us, catch silly mistakes, point out characterisation issues, praise us when we need it, laugh at our silly jokes, display endless patience when we fling rewrite after rewrite at them, don't throw wobblies when we get anxious, and above all prevent us a lot of embarrassment when we finally post. wink I couldn't manage without my betas, and I'm sure it's the same for every other author out there.

And yet, when a story's finished and posted, who gets the credit? The author. Who even bothers to read far enough in the author's notes to find out who her/his BRs were? goofy

So today is our annual opportunity to say a public thank you to all these amazing, selfless volunteers out there, who make fanfic-writers' lives so much easier and more enjoyable - and who, actually, do a lot for readers too. Speaking personally, apart from knowing that my stories are less error-ridden as a result of my BRs' endeavours, I have several stories on the archive which would never have been finished were it not for the patient nagging of my BRs.

So post your thanks and appreciation to your BRs in this thread! clap

Wendy smile (who will be back later to thank her own invaluable, amazing BRs properly).

Just a fly-by! *waves*