This is a great idea! Of course, we should all be thanking our beta-readers all the time - and we do, in email, on IRC, when posting stories here and in the author’s notes we include in our archived stories. But it’s a lovely idea to have a particular time in the year when we can take a deep breath and think about all the ways in which our BRs have helped us, got us out of (plot) holes, caught stupid grammatical, spelling or POV errors and generally just kept us writing.

And I do want to thank all the wonderful people who've BRed for me over the past year. Without you guys, I wouldn't even have managed to finish some of my stories, and those which were finished would have been a shadow of their completed form. You have encouraged me, nagged me (sometimes threatened me goofy ), supplied occasionally near-instant feedback on IRC, reassured me, corrected me, suggested alternative outcomes, rescued scenes which were on their way to the recycle bin and overall had almost as much input into some of my stories as I had myself. goofy

Thank you all. Long may you all survive to support unworthy authors!

Oh, and a little present for you all (okay, sorry, male Archive GEs might consider themselves not included frown ):

[Linked Image]

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*