The Kerth Committee can correct us on this, but our understanding of why there isn't an nFic category in the Kerths, since the first year, is so that the unique categories represented by the nFic stories written can be better recognized in a ceremony of their own and to prevent the Kerth Ceremony from being unreasonably long.
Just for the record and as best as I can recall, this is exactly right. We didn't think it was fair to put nfic stories in the same categories with pgfic stories, as nfic audiences are more limited, but then just having one "best nfic" category was way too broad. And if we broke it out to "best waffy/best comedy/best drama/most sensuous/whatever, etc." then we'd be there all night smile

It just seemed to make a lot more sense to have the nfic stories have an entirely separate set of awards, and Dawn and crew were brave enough to take them on.

PJ
speaking for herself and not necessarily for the rest of the Kerth Committee smile

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K