Well, speaking as one of those authors who has a) felt the need to apologise for the lack of sex in her nfic and b) has written stories which have a variety of themes which go beyond PG13 yet which are most definitely not 'all about sex', I strongly favour a name change for the category (I'm lobbying for Beyond-PG13 smile ) and a line of explanation on the main page.

Your point that a name change won't affect the split between sexy nfic and non-sexy nfic is a fair one, but I wonder in fact whether you're right or not. If a forum were labelled Beyond PG13, does that not send out a message that stories of all sorts are welcome in that forum? Perhaps even encourage other kinds of stories?

I'm not in favour of a separate folder for non-sexy nfics, because you end up not knowing where to put things - is a story with one sexy scene an nfic or a mature fic? Does it depend on the ratio of sexual narrative to non-sexual narrative? If a character is a bit colourful and uses rather explicitly sexual language in his normal conversation, where does that story go? Does it depend on whether the story is all about sex and relationships or something else entirely? Carol's list of questions also illustrates why a separate folder would be a problem.

Carol, btw, the archive wouldn't need to be reclassified, because the archive is PG13 and as far as I know, there is absolutely no intention of changing that.

Yvonne