The term "mature" vs "adult" was actually from a comment I said. I mentioned that "adult fiction" makes me think of adult bookstores, and then pointed out the TV-MA rating, which is Mature Audience. Of course, then someone else pointed out that "mature" held the same connotation for them! Oops. I do like the Beyond PG-13, though.

As for current stories that aren't nfic but above PG-13, there probably aren't many. Why? Authors write for their audience. If they want to post in the gfic folder, they're going to tone down scene descriptions to make sure it fits in that folder. As pointed out, many readers and authors view the nfic folder as having sexual content. So they will be less likely to post it there.

If the nfic folder was renamed, it would remind authors that they don't always have to stay within the PG-13 limit. It may open up a whole new range of writing.

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited